Saturday, March 24, 2007

films with students

students - Mar. 16, 2007 at 05:27 AM
So I think I'm actually starting to really enjoy this teaching gig. And, strangely enough, I think Im actually going miss some of the little buggers I stand in front of in the classroom.... ah que la vie est bizarre. Belle, mais bizarre! I watched the movie Bloody Sunday yesterday. It was excellent. I highly recommend it. It's not an easy watch, but it's well worth it. It was an outing organized by the school so I watched it with about 150 students and 5 or 6 teachers in the local cinema. Afterwards they had a discussion, in the cinema, passing around microphones, and I was totally impressed by the students: by what they had to say, by how well they expressed themselves, by how willing they were to speak using a mic in front of 100 or so of their peers. Sure, it was only 10 or 12 or those 100 that I was actually impressed with since it was 10 or 12 that actually spoke, but all the same. So I'm still at a bit of a loss as to what to do this summer/next year/ with the rest of my life. If anyone hears of any interesting jobs, feel free to let me know!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home